According to the Hong Kong regulations, all companies registered in Hong Kong are required to appoint a Company Secretary to notify and register with the Companies Registry of Hong Kong. Company Secretary service is provided by our fellow subsidiary, Asia Business Support Service Limited (License No. TC005248).
Examples of Company Secretary duties are as follows.
- Establishment of company
- Preparation of annual report
- Preparation of resolution for general meeting of shareholders
- Board meeting minutes
- Change of company name or registered address
- Changes in directors and shareholders
- Company closure and dormancy procedures, etc.
Notice of Amendment to Law on Hong Kong Company
“Significant Controller” Registration
On March 1, 2018, a law amendment on Hong Kong companies was implemented, which demands all companies to identify one or more Significant Controller(s) (SCR)
). The law amendment excludes listed companies.
The Hong Kong government has responded to the strengthening of measures against global anti-money laundering and the inflow of funds for terrorism. Companies are obligated to record and store transactional information related to the significant controller(s), and to provide them to related law enforcement officers when legally requested.
The definitions of a Significant Controller:
- The person holds, directly or indirectly, more than 25% of the issued shares in the company
- The person holds, directly or indirectly, the right to appoint or remove a majority of the board of directors of the company;
- The person has the right to exercise, or actually exercises, significant influence or control over the company;
In addition, if this person is a non-resident in Hong Kong, a Designated Representative must be appointed separately.
Our company can provide support services for SCR and designated representative.
If you have any questions about SCR etc., please contact us from the “Inquiry Form”.